Saturday, February 5, 2011

Denial Ain't Just a River in Egypt

My calendar still says January. Do I love the month? No. Do I love winter? Nope. Am I too lazy to flip the page? Possibly, but not in this case.

In February, my wee girl turns ONE.

THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!   (Sorry, I had a moment there. As I was saying...)

Erin will be turning 1 year in a few short weeks. I don't know how this happened! Or WHEN! She's just a wee thing, all small and cute, bundled up in a blanket, looking up at me. She cannot be this active, crawling, little person who favors the dog's bowl, who has opinions about squash, and who thinks her mom is just the funniest...oh, wait, maybe that last part... I AM pretty funny... but anyhow...

From this...


   ......to this...








                                                                              ...and this......










..to THIS!!











Seriously. I can't do much more of this...

When will it end?  Never, I suppose. Dear Claire is 4 in May, and wise beyond her years. I haven't got a clue as to when she grew up, or how she learned all about sea otters, or where she got that sense of humor!

I don't think I'm alone in this. Others have to wonder how it all happened so fast. Does my mother still look at me and see me as that ADORABLE baby that I was? Probably, I was pretty cute back then (no comment). Maybe just seeing how fast they grow makes us feel older. That would certainly explain my denial. 

Being 28 just isn't what it used to be.

1 comment: